Fire pumps are an integral part of commercial sprinkler systems and work in tandem with fire and life safety systems to protect people, buildings, and assets in case of a fire emergency. Fire pumps are required when municipal water systems can’t provide adequate pressure to meet the demands of a building’s sprinkler system, such as in high-rise buildings, or systems that disperse large amounts of water. Additionally, fire pumps are needed when water is provided from a storage tank.
Because of the importance of these systems, according to the NFPA 20, fire pump systems must be installed by qualified personnel including factory-trained and certified personnel, personnel certified by a national recognized fire protection organization, or personnel who are registered, licensed, or certified by a state or local authority. Additionally, inspections and servicing must be completed by these trained or certified personnel.
As your partner in fire and life safety, our experienced technicians can design, install, inspect, and maintain your fire pump system. Trust us to ensure sure your employees, visitors, and assets are safe, and your building meets fire codes and regulations.
From the Professionals at Impact Fire, You Can Expect
- Code consulting
- NICET-certified technicians
- Preventative maintenance programs
- Repairs and replacement
Inspection & Maintenance Schedule Per NFPA 25
- Inspection of pump house for temperature, ventilation, and water collection
- Inspection of pump system for suction and discharge, leaks, pressure gauge, and waterflow test
- Inspection of pump operation (both diesel and electrical systems per manufacturer)
- Inspection of steam system conditions
- Pump operation test
- Pump operation inspection including no flow start and run test
- Full flow test (diesel and electrical systems)
- Test fire pump alarm signals
- Full inspection of all pump equipment
Every 5 Years:
- Internal pump inspections per manufacturer recommendations
As an Impact Fire employee, you benefit from increased professional opportunities across our national network of self-perform operations. We provide competitive benefits, training, and leadership opportunities. Learn more about professional opportunities here.
Impact Fire is a full-service fire protection company. Contact one of our local offices for your testing, maintenance service, inspection, retrofit, or repair anytime. We are available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.